If your accountant has asked you about getting W2 software to make the process of completing W-2 forms simpler and you’re not really sure what that is all about, then you might want to find out a little more about this type of software and what it has to offer.
Also, it’s important to know all there is to know about the actual forms and what they’re for, before being able to make an informed decision on the type of software your business will actually require.
Why Do You Need W2 Forms?
W2 software is designed to help you complete and print out W2 forms more easily. While this is something most IRS experts can readily tell you, the question is also, what are W2 forms, and why do you even need them?
The form itself is used by employers to report on their employees’ wages and tax requirements. Employers need to have the forms completed at the end of the tax year, and file them at the IRS office by a specific deadline.
As a business owner, you will have to send out the form to your employees before January the 31st which allows them plenty of time to provide their information and offers you the time you need to get the data reviewed and sent to the IRS before the due date on April the 15th.
For the purpose of making this entire process simpler and more manageable, many employers have started using quality W-2 Software www.1099-etc.com/ for the completion, printing, and often even the delivery of accurate, government approved W2 forms well before the deadline.
How Can W2 Software Help?
This is a type of software that allows for easy management, completion and correction of W-2 forms. As a business owner, you will find it to be extremely convenient, particularly if you have a lot of employees, and in some cases, you will be pleased to see that the entire process can be completed electronically, so you don’t even have to use paper.
Some of the best software also has extended features that you might find quite handy in the long run:
• Most new types of W2 software can support multiple form types, in case you own more than one business, or your business deals with many different types of activities.
• You can also easily import Excel or Quickbooks data without having to use several other software applications that could make the process much more convenient.
• User interfaces will be quite easy to handle, so that even if you aren’t an expert, you can learn all about the process of completing and filing your W2 forms quite quickly.
• The best software supports both printing and e-filing to provide you with more options.
• You can also create custom reports and add an unlimited number of users as well.
While your business may present you with several challenges that often seem to be very difficult to solve, financial and tax related issues don’t have to be among them. Just get the latest W2 software, and you’ll be all set for submitting the appropriate data on time.